6 Sustainable & Eco-Friendly Beauty Brands
If you’re going down the path of trying to be as sustainable and minimalistic as possible, you may have noticed that there is a serious lack in sustainable makeup out there. That trend however, is changing with more and more people becoming conscious consumers with a strong focus in sustainability creating a larger market for eco-friendly beauty brands. The thing is, most sustainable makeup brands aren’t widely available in local stores and/or consumers may not be aware of that these companies exist in the first place. The fact is, not that many people can name even 3 sustainable beauty brands. This is something I would like to change. Making this type of information more widely available will hopefully help shift buyers into putting their money into more sustainable businesses.
…and more sustainable businesses = a healthier planet — (and it puts pressure on larger companies to implement more sustainable business practices thus helping the planet even more)
💄6 Sustainable & Eco-Friendly Beauty Brands 🌱
- This is probably the brand you think of when it comes to sustainable beauty products and while I do wanna focus on lesser-known eco-friendly brands, I couldn’t just pass up Lush Cosmetics. They have almost every beauty product you could want and it’s in sustainable packaging. From foundation to shampoo bars they have everything you need.
- I personally cannot live without their Toner “Breath of Fresh Air” it feels sooooo good and refreshing especially on hot days. (#notspons but I wish it was 😔😒)
- Again probably a more popular sustainable beauty brand but I had to include them because they just switched to completely plastic free for all of their deodorants!
- They also have beauty supplies such as body wash, toothpaste, and bar soap. They are most widely known for their deodorants and are cruelty free and use clean ingredients.
- Native is also a partner for 1% for the planet. This means that 1% percent of their products gives back to environmental non profits so you’re also doing a little bit of giving back when you use Native Deoderant.
- Bésame is a fairly new company on my radar. They are committed to sustainable practices and safe ingredients. They offer a variety of refillable and low waste products including (my favorite) refillable mascara that comes in a tin. I dunno about yall but finding a zero waste alternative to mascara has been incredibly difficult and Bésame Cosmetics is one of the only eco-friendly beauty brands that Im aware of that offers it.
- Every Bésame product is gluten, paraben, mineral-oil, phthalates, formaldehyde, and cruelty-free.
- Founded in 2013 by dentist Noel Abdayem, The Humble Co is a Swedish company that sells personal care products with the environment in mind. All designed by dentists and with an eco-friendly design they sell bamboo toothbrushes, natural chewing gum, toothpaste, cotton swabs, and dentil floss.
- Wicked Soaps Co. is a small, woman-owned, skincare company. I have personally used many of their products on my sensitive-ass skin and can STRONGLY recommend their Hyaluronic Moon Paste. This shit works soooo well, I can go to bed with acne and wake up with GLOWING skin. I cannot recommend enough.
- Their products are all hand-made in small batches in reusable packaging. Not to mention they have clean, locally sourced ingredients.
- Their products range from lip balm, to lotions, to salt scrubs.
- Elate beauty is a Vegan and cruelty free cosmetics company. They offer, eye shadow pallets, lipsticks, face powder, foundation, beauty tools, etc. Everything you need to BEAT your face to the Gods. Along with a strong focus on ethics and global impact, they really care about the earth and the people on it.
Im sure Ill find more eco-friendly beauty brands in the future to add on to this list but I feel that this is a good start. Feel free to comment if you know of any good companies I could look into. I am always down to learn about more eco-friendly businesses.
ALSO I should note, that the most sustainable option you have is to use up the products you already have instead of just throwing it out and replacing it with a sustainable option.
Let me repeat.
USE 👏🏻UP 👏🏻WHAT👏🏻 YOU👏🏻 ALREADY 👏🏻HAVE👏🏻 BEFORE 👏🏻REPLACING👏🏻
thank you 💁🏼♀️